Where did you grow up?
When did you become a member of Mi5 Fitness?
What do you do when you are not at Mi5?
• My favorite hobby is raising my 16 year-old daughter, Emilie to be strong & walk in good faith!
• Spending time with my fiancé, Nate...bless his heart for putting up with me! ;)
• Faith...I have to work on that daily.
• Work... certified 3:30am(ish) early riser. I am a Sr. Human Capital Management Strategist at ADP; been with them for 8 years. I am a work-a-holic; albeit, I do love my job and helping my clients thrive is something I’m very passionate about.
How did you find out about Mi5?
• Drove by on the freeway, saw the sign, and thought... “Holy crap, I have been needing something new and exciting in my life and this place is it!” Never looked back.
When/How did you realize CrossFit/Mi5 was the right fit for you?
• Honestly, right away. I’m the type of person who is extremely self-motivated, but humbly admit that I require the direction. I need to be pushed when it comes to wellness & fitness. In addition, I have been blessed with the most amazing “family” and friends on earth within the walls of Mi5. I couldn’t imagine my life without this community... I’m a better human because of this gym. Period.
What is your favorite WOD/movement?
• Deadlifts & DB Snatches
What is your least favorite WOD/movement?
What would your perfect WOD look like?
•In a perfect “WOD World” for me, it would be *21-15-9 of:
•Bar-facing or lateral burpees
What is one thing you have been able to accomplish since starting at Mi5 that you never thought you'd be able to do?
•Pull-ups; even though I sh*t the bed at GameDay Eau Claire doing those... LOL and being able to officially Deadlift 230# (3 RM)
What motivates you to stay fit?
•It always starts and ends with yourself. Continuing to learn to love the skin that you’re in & challenging yourself are the keys to developmental growth. Our world can be so brutal and critical... so self-care is something that is so detrimental (both physically & mentally). If you take care of yourself, you become a better person, friend, spouse, & parent, overall. #selfcare #number1
What is something about you that Mi5 members do not yet know?
•Some people do know this, but my daughter and I lost our home (and literally everything in it) to a fire in 2010. We had to start from square one with absolutely nothing. It’s when you truly have nothing, that you realize that you actually have everything... my heart grew 1,000 sizes that year, and I learned that so many people are so incredibly “good” in this universe.
What advice would you give to someone just getting started at Mi5?
•Be bold & brave. They always say the first step is the most difficult, but you have to take it in order to experience it. Know that you have a community of humans in this gym, who also “just started” themselves at one point. We may not all be the strongest in the same movements, but we all have kindness & bravery in common, which is all you need. Just put one foot in the door...and never look back.